The Feagins Family of Five

This is a place where I write about the journeys and adventures of our precious family. Joe and I are just two normal people, who met and fell in love. We have the privilege of sharing our lives with three precious boys: Parker, Ben, and Andy.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Nine months pregnant...

Right now I believe that I will never forget what it feels like to be 9 months pregnant. However, with time memories fade. Today I am 38 weeks and 6 days pregnant and my induction is scheduled for tomorrow.

This is to be my last pregnancy and I have no sadness about that decision. After I had Ben, I thought we might be finished with two boys, but it never felt quite right. This time, I am sure. Andrew will be the final edition to the Fabulous Feagins Family.

PhotobucketMy feet are swollen, my legs are swollen, my hands are swollen, and my face is swollen. I have gained 27 pounds during this pregnancy. That doesn't seem too terribly bad compared to some folks but I could have afforded to lose 15 pounds while pregnant and still been a very, very big woman. Joe still tells me I'm beautiful every day.




When Andrew decides to move, he shakes my whole body. Joe swears that my stomach looks like an Alien is about to pop forth from my belly button. My belly button didn't pop out like some cute pregnant bellies, instead the scar above my belly button has decided to expand...I hope I don't have a hernia there.

My hips and lower back hurt so bad that I have difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep, getting up to pee and going back to sleep.

It is all magical. It really is magical. I have carried three little boys in my body from conception until they were fully formed. I have been their source of nutrients and protection. Tomorrow, I must start sharing the youngest one with the rest of the world. Tomorrow, I will no longer be pregnant. I will never again have a baby growing within me...just three growing in my arms. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments: