The Feagins Family of Five

This is a place where I write about the journeys and adventures of our precious family. Joe and I are just two normal people, who met and fell in love. We have the privilege of sharing our lives with three precious boys: Parker, Ben, and Andy.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Evolution of Preparation

Round One- A couple of years ago, we spent more than 6 months preparing for Joe's weight loss surgery. We read every blog, talked to every doctor, and meticulously packed a bag with everything we would need for a couple of days in the hospital. We arranged childcare carefully and made sure the house was ready for our return.

Round Two- In February we found at that Joe would have a kidney removed in less than a month's time. We quickly made plans for the children, the dog, and our home. We read a few blogs, joined a few forums, and thought carefully about what we would need for five days in the hospital.

Round Three- Yesterday the Dr. decided Joe needed to be directly admitted to the hospital. I didn't have a plan, there isn't much to read about his situation exactly, we have all kinds of questions, and I'm not really sure what the kids will be doing this weekend while we are here at the hospital. Our bag was packed in less than 15 minutes, and I still am not sure what we brought. The only thing that matters is that Joe will have some relief soon from the pain in his leg, and we are still together.

Thanksgiving Day, 2011

No comments: