The Feagins Family of Five

This is a place where I write about the journeys and adventures of our precious family. Joe and I are just two normal people, who met and fell in love. We have the privilege of sharing our lives with three precious boys: Parker, Ben, and Andy.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Yummmmmmmmmy

I wanted to make a caramel sauce for a bunch of apples I bought this week.

Every caramel sauce recipe that I found required that I have heavy whipping cream. I didn't have any.

So this morning, I made up my own recipe.

1/2 cup of corn syrup
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of brown sugar

I dumped them all together in a sauce pan and heated them over medium for 5 minutes. I stirred it frequently.

After five minutes, I took it off of the heat and let hit cool for a couple of minutes but while it was still warm, I stirred in 1 8oz block of cream cheese, 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and a 1/4tsp of vanilla.

Oh goodness. It was good stuff. Gone now :))

No comments: