I like marathon cooking sessions. I only mess up the kitchen one big time, and I end up making several meals.
Easy things to do:
Ground Beef-- brown with onions and garlic, use later in spaghetti sauce, lasagna, shepard's pie
Chicken- chop into cubes, cook in olive oil with garlic, use later in chicken casserole, chicken alfredo, chicken pizza
Cabbage Rolls- boil the cabbage leaves, stuff the cabbage, coat them in sauce and put them in the frig to cook or freeze them to cook later
Hunk of Critter- This is basically using 3-4 lbs of a roast type meat with 3lbs of onions. Put them in a gallon freezer bag and when the time comes, defrost, throw in crockpot and cook on low 8-10 hours. No sauce needed. I use pork loin and I chop my onions super thin in rings.
Pork BBQ- 3-4lbs of pork, one bottle of bbq, put in a gallon size bag and freeze them. Later, when it defrosts in the frig it gets a good marinade going on. After it defrosts for a day, then throw it in the crock pot for 10 hours on low.
Orange BBQ Chicken- Orange marmalade, BBQ sauce, soy and fresh or ground ginger with some chicken thighs. I used 10 thighs and 1/2 cup each of marmalade and BBQ with a splash of soy and ginger. Then crockpot it on low for 8 hours.
Rice- Make a giant pot of rice and then rinse with cold water so it stops cooking. Drain very, very well and then put in quart size bags and store in frig to use as side dishes or casserole fillers.
Waffles- Get that waffle maker out and pour waffles in it every five minutes. Cool them completely on a cookie sheet and then throw them in a freezer bag in the freezer. I usually make chocolate chip. These are perfect for tossing in the microwave on a school morning. Cheaper than Eggos and I can decide what goes in them.
Banana Muffins- use any banana bread recipe you like. It will make about 24 muffins if you cook on 350 for 20 minutes. Cream your sugar and butter really, really well, beat your eggs and vanilla in really, really well, then slowly fold in your dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda) and then fold in chips and nuts if desired. Spray your muffin tin very, very well. Cool completely and then freeze!
No comments:
Post a Comment