The Feagins Family of Five

This is a place where I write about the journeys and adventures of our precious family. Joe and I are just two normal people, who met and fell in love. We have the privilege of sharing our lives with three precious boys: Parker, Ben, and Andy.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Yum. Pork Wellington.

     I'm loving watching Alton Brown on television. This week I watched a show where he was talking about how to make the perfect pork wellington. It inspired me to create my own recipe, with a similar strategy to his own.  Ingredients: pork tenderloin (cut off silverskin), ginger, garlic, shallots, dried apples, puff pastry, and ground mustard.  Basically, I just cut the tenderloin down the middle and stuffed it with all the ingredients except mustard. Then I wrapped it in the puff pastry and baked until the puff pastry was a nice golden brown and the pork was 140, then I pulled it out and let it rest. It was delicious.

       I also made a beet salad. I peeled two beets chopped 'em up and boiled them for about 20 minutes. Then I marinaded them in shallots and a white wine vinegar. While they were marinading, I cooked the carrots in olive oil for 4-6 minutes, and then salt and peppered them. When they were done, I added a little more oil and mixed in the beets, some walnuts and sunflower seeds. After the ingredients were warmed through, I added a little arugula. This was a Blue Apron recipe. I sure do love trying new foods. The potatoes were plain 'ole oven fried. 

No comments: