The Feagins Family of Five

This is a place where I write about the journeys and adventures of our precious family. Joe and I are just two normal people, who met and fell in love. We have the privilege of sharing our lives with three precious boys: Parker, Ben, and Andy.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Summertime!

        I was thinking today about how quickly summer is approaching. I always try and make plans so that the summer doesn't pass me by. One of the first things I think about is my "summer survival kit" and what I need to have in it. The kit is basically a bag that I keep packed in the van at all times so that I can be prepared for whatever life throws at me. Sunscreen, bug repellent, swim diapers, towels, change of clothes for everyone, baby wipes, diapers, granola bars, cheap sunglasses, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, a bag of things that roll (I have little boys), capri suns, a good book, a pen, my journal, DVDs for road trips, dum dum suckers, bandaids, neosporin and tylenol. That is just the back up bag. I also keep a diaper bag with me too that is packed for all my daily needs, but there are also last minute change of plans that require I use my "survival kit."
    The next thing I need is a plan. We will definitely be doing Dollywood, the Zoo, McKays, the library, the aquarium store, all the local splash pads, the World's Fair Site, trolley rides downtown, the Oak Ridge Children's Museum, Courtsouth's pool, the backyard, the local playgrounds, a hiking trip, a Chattanooga trip, a Kingsport trip, the free movies at Regal and even Chuck E. Cheese's a few times. We will also try to hit those first Saturday's at Home Depot, the Reading Festival (May 22), the berry farm in Halls and in my spare time, I will birth another child.
    I love summertime. I can't wait for the fun to start!

No comments: